You can download the application form here, or fill out the form below:
All applicants who wish to participate in the examination for the Certified Legal Investigator (CLI) designation must comply with the following:
- Answer all questions on this application legibly, truthfully and completely.
- Submit a good quality, recent, full face (color) photograph.
- Submit the required examination fee of $200.00 for a NALI member or $300.00 for a non-NALI member. The application and fee must be received by the CLI committee chairperson at least 30 days prior to the examination date.
- Submit an originally authored, unpublished research /white paper consisting of a minimum of 1,000 words on any investigative subject in accordance with the established guidelines. It is not to be a rehash of an investigative case. The white paper must be received by the CLI committee chairperson at least 30 days prior to the examination date.
- Submit to a confidential background investigation.
In completing your application, questions should be answered on separate paper and using support documentation or supplemental material as necessary. Upon completion of your application, please attach all answers and support documentation to this cover page.